9/18/08

Freaky Friday



Welcome to Freaky Friday. I happen to be the lucky owner of a set of recipe cards from 1973, a lot of recipe cards, and most of them are a bit freaky! I thought I'd share some of my thoughts and possible ways to update these recipes. Some cards are just too far gone and can't be fixed but hopefully, at least I can get you laughing. Now don't be afraid because some of these recipe cards have a good foundation for creative recipe ideas. We have come a long way baby...


I wouldn't want to eat one of those pool balls thinking it was a cherry tomato!!


Hot Tuna and Egg Buns

1973:
Old School

Tuna
stuffed green olives
cheddar cheese cubes
hard cooked eggs, (the overcooked kind with the green ring)
mayonnaise or cooked salad dressing 
sweet pickle relish
chopped onion
salt 
frankfurter rolls




2008:
Update Suggestions...

Easy Tuna Melt
Tuna
olive oil or mayonnaise (just a bit)
good quality cheese, Swiss or Provolone
grated Parmesan on top
leftover hot dog or hamburger bun
Black olives on the side

Broil cheeses over tuna serve.

Remember buy dolphin safe tuna and don't eat it too often.
More on safe fish to eat go here too.

Stumble Upon Toolbar

3 comments:

Mandy said...

Ack! Those give me a stomach ache just looking at them. :) I just found your blog, I love your ideas and just did a post on your toddler truffles, they're a big hit at our house.
http://gourmetmomonthego.blogspot.com/2008/09/chocolate-toddler-truffles-sssh-theyre.html
Thanks for all the great ideas!!
-Mandy

barbra r said...

i'd love to see your version in a photo!

Fyre said...

It's so funny, but I have those same cards! I got them from my great grandma years ago! I haven't used a single one, but it's fun to look at. Girls back then had a love affair going on with molds.