8/29/08

Freaky Friday





Welcome to Freaky Friday. I happen to be the lucky owner of a set of recipe cards from 1973, a lot of recipe cards, and most of them are a bit freaky! I thought I'd share some of my thoughts and possible ways to update these recipes. Some cards are just too far gone and can't be fixed but hopefully, at least I can get you laughing. Now don't be afraid because some of these recipe cards have a good foundation for creative recipe ideas. We have come a long way baby...



1973:

Old School

ground beef, raw
lemon juice
garlic
egg yolks, raw
sour cream
catsup
chili sauce
brandy
capers
onion
rye bread


2008:
Update Suggestions...

My vote,  let's just pretend we never saw this and move on.

Stumble Upon Toolbar

2 comments:

Pat Churchill said...

You've jogged my memory - I have some old recipe cards lying round in my study, waiting for me to do a nostalgic journey.

Thanks for visiting my blog!

Anonymous said...

Holy crap, this recipe card is from the Betty Crocker olive/avocado box set, isn't it? I own the whole set!! It was bought at a yard sale and given to me as a birthday gift one year by someone who clearly didn't know what recipe gold she had just purchased. And I agree, there are lots of scary looking recipes in the set. Definitely! :-)

Stacey